pages

Sunday 18 October 2015

Assalamualaikum 1010

10.10.2015
The wait is finally over.

I had experienced a few pain few days before that. Went to the hospital but the doctor said I was not ready, yet. So me and Aa went back home. In that week, he took me to the park twice a day. Walked around the jogging trails, up and down the hill, my god I was heavy and it was exhausting. But Aa insisted because the doctor encourage it. It would be easier for me to deliver.
So on that special day, I woke up super early due to the pain I was having. I can barely stand up because of the pain. Aa had to carry me to the bathroom and shower me. I was bleeding a bit. We went straight to the hospital at about 8am. My contraction was still bearable at that time, I was in 3cm. My water haven't broke. And when I was attended by the doctor, she broke my water, which was actually a 'missed management' said the senior doctor. It was a little bit chaotic because there's been disagreement and a little argument between the senior doctor and the doctor who was attending me, But whatever it is, me and my baby is safe now so I'm not gonna share that part.
So after my water was broke, that's when the contractions came in rapidly. God it was painful. Too pain that I was puking and shaking. I puked all over the bed and some machines and to one of the nurse. But thank god the nurse was very understanding she even helped me changed and cleaned me up a bit. I did had a few naps in between while we're waiting for me to reach 10cm. Falling asleep makes it less painful for me. But they won't encourage it. They kept waking me up.
I was contracting and hungry. I didn't have anything the night before and I also skipped breakfast since I was already slightly bleeding waking up. I was really really hungry. Besides being in pain, all I could think of at that moment was to get something to eat. But luck was not on my side, Aa missed the only chance where he could actually come into the labour room. He did filled in the form which allowed the husbands to be in the room before their wives deliver. He was waiting for the nurse to call out his name. But when it was his turn, he was outside the ward waiting for both me and his parents. When he came back in, I was already preparing to deliver.
It was about 12noon when I was in my 10cm. Couldn't remember much. I was busy pushing. I was out of breath and desperately thirsty.
And then 1257noon. There he is. At 3.46kg.
The nurse put him on my chest. He was all healthy and already kicking! He was kicking his way up so he could reach my face. And when the nurse took him away from me to clean him up, he cried. His cry is different with the other babies, his is like high note crying, very high & thin. Must have taken after his father, Aa's voice. Aa can sing high notes pretty well.
After what went like a while, I can finally be back into my ward with my baby. When I was transfering from the delivery room to my bed ward, I saw Aa's parents, sister in law, my mom & my siblings all waiting for me. My hijab was a mess and I still had my puke stains on my face and hands. But despite that, I was smiling. I was relief to see their faces. Aa said he was proud to see the smile on my face. He expect that I would have cry. But believe me, during the push battles, I did not shed a tear at all *proud* *will you guys give me a round of an applause?* Well, I did not cry but I did beg the doctor to just give me c-section because I couldn't stand the pain & I was also out of breath. But the nurse there encouraged me and convinced me that I'm strong enough to pull this through so yes I did it yayyy *applause please*
I was given the privilege to be in a Class B bed ward. It was a 2 beds ward, lucky me I was the only one there. Giving me just the privacy I need with my families.
When I was all settled down, Aa went to carry him and whisper the call to prayer (Azan) to his ear. That look on Aa's face when he carried him was magically proud & surreal.
I was admitted only a night because my wounds heal fast. When we came back home on the 11th, the baby was having a mild fever. Was admitted again in the hospital in the middle of the night because of his fever and he was having a slight jaundice as well.
We were at the hospital for 3 days. Alhamdulillah his jaundice recovered fast and his fever was gone too.
Finally came back home on the 14th. Ahhh home sweet home.
We decided to named him Muhammad Azan Daniyal.
Azan was inspired by Aa's name Azhar. And Daniyal was inspired by my late father's name Daniel.
His name also means Call for the prayer, Intelligent, A Prophet of Allah.

So Assalamualaikum Muhammad Azan Daniyal.
And hello confinement to me.














No comments: