pages

Tuesday 20 January 2015

The Big Day

Malay weddings usually last about 2 to 3 days. There's the malam berinai (Henna Night). And akad nikah (Solemnization). And then the majlis makan/resepsi (Reception).
Malam berinai is usually where the brides would have professional to draw henna arts on their hands and feet. On that night, families would come over, as well as close friends. Like a gathering. To kick in the merry feels, the wedding feels. 
My henna night was heartwarming though exhausting. Some of the family& friends came over and helped with the last preparations.











Managed to finish my henna past midnight. It was 2am I think. God I was so sleepy. As soon as my henna dried up, I fell straight to sleep on the floor without even getting a shower with my hijab still on my head. Can you imagine how tired I was.


~Dadadada here comes the bride~ 
It's the Day! 
My solemnization and reception are on the same day. We decided to give it a straight go instead of making it two days. It was after Asar prayer. 




All dolled up and ready to marry the man of my life























Achievement unlocked!


I'm finally someone's wife! 
 And to those who came, thankyou so much!

No comments: